Applying for Aid for the DMD Program

First Time Aid Applicants (U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents)

For complete information on application requirements and the types of financial aid available, please review the  Financial Aid Manual


Students who are interested in applying for financial aid should first complete the HSDM Preliminary Application for Financial Aid. Once a student has completed this form and submitted it to the Office of Financial Aid, a financial aid application will be created for that student.

All students who wish to be considered for Federal Student Aid must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who wish to be considered for any need-based financial aid, whether Federal or Institutional, must also complete a CSS Profile application. Both the FAFSA and the CSS Profile may be completed and submitted electronically or by completing and mailing in paper applications.  Following is contact information for both the FAFSA and CSS Profile.

            FAFSA: 1-800-4-FED-AID

            HSDM Federal School code: E00508

            CSS PROFILE: or 1-800-778-6888

            HSDM School Code: 3441

 If you wish to submit a paper copy of either form, make a copy for your records and submit the application to FAFSA or CSS as instructed.  Approximately 2 weeks after you have submitted your application to the processor, you will receive an electronic printout of the information you provided.  Remember, if you are a first-time applicant you must submit both FAFSA and CSS Profile applications.  Remember, too, that your parents’ information must be included on the CSS Profile application, regardless of your dependency status. Students must also submit copies of both their and their parent(s)’ prior-year Federal Income Tax Returns (including all applicable schedules and W-2 forms).


Continuing Students (U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents)

Students who have previously applied for financial aid and are continuing their education at HSDM are required to submit the FAFSA only. Parental financial information is not required for continuing students. Continuing students are also not required to submit copies of their Federal Income Tax Returns. However, a continuing student may submit parental financial information if there has been a significant change to his or her parent(s)’ financial situation.