How to Apply
While specific application requirements vary by academic program, there are certain general steps which any AGE applicant must complete:
- All applicants must possess a DDS or DMD degree or foreign equivalent.
- All applicants must submit an application through ADEA's PASS system. This application may be accessed at www.adea.org/PASSapp/
- All applicants must submit the HSDM AGE Supplemental Application directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Applicants who have taken the National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) must submit an official NBDE transcript to email@example.com. Please refer to the program-specific checklists as each program contains different requirements for applying. An NBDE/INBDE score is not required at the point of application, but must be submitted prior to matriculation.
- All applicants must submit an application fee of $95. Click here to pay the application fee.
Please DO NOT send any transcripts, CVs, Portfolios to HSDM. Transcripts that are uploaded to PASS will suffice for the admissions process.
Applicants may apply to one program per academic year. HSDM will not consider applicants for multiple programs.
Application checklists and deadlines for the 2022 - 2023 AGE admissions cycle:
*Orthodontics and Prosthodontics will be participating in Match for the 2022-2023 admissions cycle. Click here for more information on applying through Match.
TOEFL Exam Requirements
Please be aware that any applicant whose native language is not English is required to submit TOEFL scores from a test taken within the past two years. The TOEFL exam can only be waived if BOTH the bachelor's degree and dental degree were obtained in the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, or the United Kingdom. The minimum acceptable overall score is 95, with subcategory score minimums in the following areas:
- Reading 21
- Listening 17
- Speaking 24
- Writing 25
*All subcategory minimum scores must be satisfied.
Scores should be sent directly to the AGE Office of Admissions from ETS. HSDM’s institution code is 3430.
Please note that all applicants to the Orthodontics program are required to submit official GRE scores.
All AGE programs will NOT require Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT) scores for the 2022-2023 admissions cycle. If the applicant has taken the ADAT we will accept them, but not for review of candidacy for an AGE program.
For more general information about our Advanced Graduate Education programs, as well as application requirements and cost of attendance for each individual program, please click here.