The Office of Diversity and Inclusion promotes increased recruitment, retention, and advancement of underrepresented minority students and faculty at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. The Office, led by Josephine Kim, PhD, seeks to emulate the Harvard tradition of excellence in education, science, and public health by supporting a well-trained faculty, while creating oral health leaders reflecting the larger community that we serve.
- Foster an environment that is comfortable and welcoming to all members of the community
- Provide support for a diverse population
- Develop a recruitment strategy to increase enrollment of students from underrepresented minority groups
- Develop and implement a plan to recruit faculty from underrepresented minority groups
- Enhance and develop curricula that address issues of diversity, cross-cultural care, and sensitivity
The HSDM Office of Diversity and Inclusion partners with several offices at Harvard Medical School, including the Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership and Office of Recruitment and Multicultural Affairs.