Harvard University and Harvard School of Dental Medicine are closely monitoring the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our community, on and off campus. The University, the School, and the Harvard Dental Center remain open and operational and are taking appropriate measures to protect the health of the community. We will continue to update the community regularly to keep you informed of additional measures.
Harvard University guidance and policies
Please refer to the University's policies and guidelines found on Harvard University coronavirus webpage. This web page includes important guidance for remote courses, travel policies, campus restrictions and visiting or returning to campus. Learn more about the measures the University has taken to keep our campus community and classrooms safe:
Harvard Dental Center
The Harvard Dental Center's practices in both Longwood and Cambridge have returned to full capacity. If you are interested in becoming a new patient please complete the new patient form or call 617-432-1434 to speak with a staff member to book an appointment.
Harvard School of Dental Medicine community guidance
The HSDM workforce began returning to campus in July, 2021. HSDM convened a Return-to-Campus Task Force to:
- Review and develop a safe workforce re-entry plan for our currently remote faculty and staff that meets the needs of the various business and academic units, while taking into account the unique needs of individuals
- Provide managers with HR guidance, tools, and support to facilitate planning, with the goal of each unit creating a plan to share with HR
- Set schedule/timeline for re-entry milestones
- Ensure safety and compliance with all University and State guidance, policies, and procedures
- Communicate points of the re-entry process in a cohesive and transparent way through email messages, online FAQ, and Town Hall meeting
- Support the transition back to work and foster a renewed sense of community