WELCOME TO OSTEOLOGY RESEARCH ACADEMY BOSTON 2021!
LOCATION: Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA (In-person)
The Osteology Research Academy brings together leading scientists to share their expertise. Only a few such opportunities are provided in the area of dental and craniofacial research. Don't miss the chance to join this course!
The course in Boston is a 3.5-day intensive course providing a comprehensive view on most of the aspects of pre-clinical and clinical studies required by young researchers for their daily work.
General learning objectives:
- Understand the biological and clinical principles of oral and maxillofacial reconstruction including dental implant osseointegration or hard and soft tissue regeneration
- Describe how newly developed technologies can be transfer from early-stage development through phase 1-4 human clinical trials into clinical practice
- Select appropriate research designs and methods to answer research questions related to the oral microbiome, bone immunology and bone metabolism
- Demonstrate an understanding of clinical imaging and histological techniques by selecting appropriate modalities to assess hard and soft tissue regeneration
- Select the right statistical test for their research projects
- Develop a clinical research project
- Understand the set-up and identify the key elements needed in publication and grant writing processes
Special features include:
- Classroom sessions with leading experts
- Case studies and exercises in teams
- Highly interactive classes
- Casual atmosphere, social events
- E-learning lectures to prepare for the course
COVID-19 Update: In order to attend in-person continuing education courses at Harvard School of Dental Medicine, the Office of Continuing Professional Education requests that all participants submit a proof of full vaccination (using a vaccine authorized or approved by the FDA or the World Health Organization) at the time of registration. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the administration of the final dose. Moreover, individuals traveling outside from the US who desire to attend, will need to demonstrate that they are traveling from a qualifying country for travel to the US. Thank you very much for your cooperation with this guideline.
For more information and to register please visit: https://www.osteology.org/education/research-academy/ora-boston/registration/
|ORA at HSDM Program||1.17 MB|