Speaker: Multiple speakers across five sessions
Abstract: Global Health Starter Kit is a competency-based global health "starter" curriculum designed for dental educators and students. This curriculum is free and available for anyone to use and is organized into two versions. The first version contains materials for educators and teachers, and the second version contains materials for students and self-guided learning. This Starter Kit consists of five modules:
- Global Trends
- Global Goals
- Bat to Basics - Primary Care
- Social Determinants and Risks
- Ethics and Sustainability
This workshop series is designed for educators seeking collaborative and hands-on support for developing their own curicular and pedagogical approaches for integrating the Global Health Starter Kit into their teaching and programs. The workshop series will assist participants in tying their own teaching to current topics in global oral health, including the WHO oral health resolution and global oral health strategy, and their relevance to dental education and responsive workforce development. Participants will learn strategies for optimizing learner outcomes, creating engaging effective classroom and field-based experiences, and preparing their learners for incorporating modern global health concepts into their career pathways.
- Engage with a global community of educators from around the world who are teaching global oral health in their courses and curricula
- Link major global oral health concepts and the world health and development agenda with teaching and learning in their own classrooms
- Utilize effective pedagogical approaches for student-centered global health didactic and experiential learning
- Develop pathways for supporting their learners' evolution from classroom, to competence, to careers in global health and dentistry
View the full series agenda here.
Tuition: $2000/12 ADA credit hours or $400/2.5 ADA credit hours
Course Prerequisites: None required
Course Format: Virtual Workshop
Conflict of Interest: None reported by speakers
Contact: Brittany Seymour at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation 7 days before the course will be eligible for full refund. No refund will be made within 7 days of the course initiation date.
Harvard School of Dental Medicine is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Harvard School of Dental Medicine designated this activity for 2.5 continuing education credit hours per session.