Moderated by Dr. Lisa Thompson, Instructor in Oral Health Policy and Epidemiology and Program Director for the Geriatric Dental Fellowship, this series of three courses will take place on October 19, 20, and 21 starting at 7 pm. They will total 3.5 credit hours and cost $55 per session.
Oral health services nearly came to a halt due to COVID-19 and many of our most vulnerable patients, including older adults and long-term care residents, were unable to receive care and continue to have limited access to care. Due to the complex nature of the health needs of older adults in general, this moment demands us to adapt and shift to new models of care to minimize risk of COVID-19, as well as future outbreaks. Our speakers have firsthand knowledge of how to address the oral healthcare needs of older adults, what shifts are needed in this pandemic moment, and what is needed in the future to educate a new cohort of dentists to be prepared for the growing older adult population.
The cost for each session is $55.00. You can purchase 1, 2, or 3 sessions by adding the corresponding number in the quantity field. Please note in the comment box which session(s) number you are purchasing. The Department Administrator will contact you to make sure you are enrolled in the correct session(s).
October 19, 2020 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EST, USA)
Geriatric Dental Education –What Lies Ahead
- Understand the landscape of Geriatric Dental Education in the U.S.
- Identify core concepts taught in Geriatric Dental Education
- Gain understanding of changes to post-doctoral programs and opportunities in Geriatric Dental Ed
October 20, 2020 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (EST, USA)
From the Frontlines: Oral Health for Seniors
- Enhance understanding and skills of teledentistry practices and protocols dentists have been using for years
- Enhance understanding of best practices for oral healthcare during COVID-19 for vulnerable older adults
- Overview of teledentistry and available low-cost technologies for dentists
- Gain and understanding of the impact of COVID-19 on the overall health of older adults and how to minimize exposure risk to the most vulnerable older adults
October 21, 2020 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EST, USA)
The Concept of Dental Management vs Dental Treatment for Seniors
- Understand changing concepts in aging
- Identify changes in treatment for older adults and caregiver information
- Be familiar with and enhance knowledge of new management of caries
Present a model of care that provides assistance in the management of senior care (Medicare, etc.)
Register for the course here.
Contact Lisia Robert with questions.
*Webinar Lecture Cancellation Policy: full refund if cancelled within 7 days before the course. No refund will be made within 7 days of the course initiation date.
**Course Prerequisites: none required