The Department of Periodontology is hosting its next Clinical Lecture Series webinar in Monday, November 9, from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Titled, “Minimally Invasive Immediate Implant Placement & GBR Techniques Using Digital Technology,” this program is specifically designed to provide a unique experience in 4D guided implantology with an emphasis on digital workflow. 4D guided implantology is a concept of applying 3D CAD/CAM technology with a 4th dimension, a clearly defined success criteria from start to finish. Efficient and precise methods of identifying various risk factors and predictability at the time of initial consultation utilizing advanced digital technologies will be discussed. The course will also cover various surgical treatment modalities to restore form and function. Complications related to esthetically and clinically demanding areas of the anterior maxilla and posterior mandible will also be emphasized.
Speaker: Dr. Yong-Han Koo, lecturer (part-time) at HSDM, is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from corrective jaw surgery to wisdom teeth extractions. His special interests include 3D CBCT guided dental implantology and bone & soft tissue grafting procedures as well as cleft lip and/or palate, orthognathic and trauma surgeries.
- To understand the difference between ‘success’ vs ‘survival’ in implant therapy
- To apply Stage I, II and III surgical protocols based on risk factors and predictability
- To understand immediate loading protocol
- To learn various complex GBR procedures utilizing minimally invasive hard and soft tissue augmentation technique
- To preserve and create peri-implant soft tissue for esthetic outcome by utilizing 4D CAD/CAM technology
Tuition: $60 / 1 (one) credit hour
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation 7 days before the course will be eligible for full refund. No refund will be made within 7 days of the course initiation date. Course Prerequisites: None requiredRegister for the course here.