Quality-Improvement Advisory Committee
Responsible for the oversight of all continuous quality-improvement efforts for the Harvard Dental Center (HDC) Faculty Group Practice and the HDC Teaching Practice to assure the highest quality of care for HDC patients and quality of work environment for our staff.
- Foster an overall culture of continuous quality improvement.
- Create and enforce policies and procedures reflecting appropriate quality-assurance standards, as indicated by the American Dental Association, the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and government regulations.
- Assure continuous review of clinical care provided by the HDC faculty, students, and hygienists and as such provide opportunities for immediate targeted continuous dental education.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place regarding infection control, OSHA mandates, and other health and safety issues.
- Develop, implement, and review on a regular basis the HDC practice guidelines and standards of care.
- Oversee risk management, including the development of a patient bill of rights as well as policies and procedures regarding visitors and guests, prescription drugs, collection, dismissing a patient from the practice, dealing with incapacitated providers, and handling patient complaints and grievances.
- Oversee chair utilization, including the development of relevant policies.