October 1, 2014
Application to the Advanced Graduate Education (AGE) Program in Implant Dentistry (certificate only) is a two-step process.
Step 1 - Submit to ADEA PASS
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
-Dean’s (letter) evaluation
-Faculty letters of evaluation
- Official transcripts from dental school and other advanced education programs. International applicants who attended dental colleges outside the United States or Canada must submit a translation certified by a licensed credentialing service.
- Undergraduate transcript
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Step 2 - Submit to HSDM
- Official test scores:
–Dental Admissions Test (DAT) if taken within past 5 years
–Part I, National Board Dental Examination (NBDE) (if taken)
–Part II, National Board Dental Examination (if taken)
- HSDM Application Fee of $75 payable to Harvard School of Dental Medicine
International Applicants - Submit to HSDM
- Official Score Requirement as of 2015 Cycle: NBDE Part I or GRE. The Advanced Graduate Education (AGE) program in Implant Dentistry strongly recommends that international applicants submit the Part I NBDE or GRE Scores.
- TOEFL REQUIREMENT Proficiency in English is required for all AGE programs.
HSDM Guidelines: Applicants whose native language is other than English are required to submit a recent TOEFL score. Minimum acceptable score for admission to Harvard AGE Programs is 95 on Internet-based test with subcategory score minimums of Written 25, Spoken 24, Reading 21, Listening 17. Scores on the four sections should not vary significantly.
State of Massachusetts TOEFL Guidelines: To qualify for a limited license in the state of Massachusetts, Internationally trained dentists must score a minimum of 90 on the internet-based TOEFL examination with minimum scores in each category as follows: Written 25, Spoken 24, Reading 21, Listening 17. Applicants who do not achieve these minimum scores in each section must retake the TOEFL.
Submit a nonrefundable check or money order in the amount of USD $75 payable to Harvard School of Dental Medicine. Checks must be in US Funds. Applicant’s name, program (Implant Dentistry) and Dentpin should be clearly marked on the check or money order. Cash or credit cards are not accepted. Mail application fee to
Harvard School of Dental Medicine
Office of Dental Education
Attn: Admissions: 2015 Implant Dentistry
188 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Send the HSDM Advanced Graduate Education (AGE) Supplemental Application for Implant Dentistry to:
Subject: 2015 Implant Dentistry